packages.sil.org - SIL repository for Ubuntu
Welcome to the SIL software repository for Ubuntu. Using this repository will make it very easy for you to find and install a variety of Ubuntu packages from SIL developers and designers including complex script rendering technologies, language software, fonts, keyboards and distributable content. Packages with their descriptions (and dependencies) will be available from the Ubuntu Software Center or from the Synaptic Package Manager.
All Ubuntu distributions from Dapper (6.06) onwards are supported, although those which have reached end of life may be removed.
Step by step instructions:
- Right-click on this link, select Save Link As, choose a convenient place on your hard drive, and click Save to download a temporary copy of the repository key
- In the Dash (click the Ubuntu icon in the upper left), type update and select Update Manager (or System Tools > Administration > Update Manager)
- Click the Settings button in the lower left
- Click the Authentication tab followed by the Import Key File button and import the key file you downloaded (enter your login password if prompted)
- Click the Other Software tab
- Click the Add button
- In the place where it says 'APT line:', copy and paste the following text:
deb http://packages.sil.org/ubuntu precise main
- In the text you just pasted, replace precise with the name of your distribution if it is not 12.04 Precise (more info)
- Click the Add Source button (enter your login password if prompted)
- Click the Close button
- Click the Check button in Update Manager and wait for it to update its list
- Close Update Manager
You should now be able to use Ubuntu Software Center (search for software in the Dash or System Tools > Administration > Ubuntu Software Center) to install SIL software.